Experience Level: Beginner
Contact Hours: 9.50
This one-day continuing education course is targeted to practicing Pelvic Physical Therapists and covers the role of physical therapists in optimizing female fertility. This course was written and will be instructed by Dr. Yeni Abraham, who is a Dallas-Ft.Worth-based Pelvic Physical Therapists specializing in the treatment of Gynecologic and Fertility related conditions. Pre-recorded lectures to view before the course will cover medical infertility labs, pertinent information on charting cycles and assisted reproductive technologies, and their impact on treatment. During the live, remote component, lectures will cover information on hormone regulation, the relationship between inflammation and infertility amongst other topics. Lab activities/break-out sessions will include manual techniques to influence uterine and ovarian Mal-positions.
*This course will require that each student have a live model that will allow participants to practice the lab techniques on a human body. Due to the nature of labs, please be sure your model partner is not pregnant and does not have an IUD for safety. Additionally those with hydrosalpinx will not be able to participate in uterine mobility techniques but can still attend the course.
Pre-recordings to watch before the course (1.6 hours):
Clinical Understanding of Charting Cycles
Medical Fertility International Travel
One Day Course Schedule:
*Schedule is listed in Pacific Standard Time
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
Attending a remote course is easy and safe, and you can do it entirely from the security and comfort of your own home or clinic without having to find a lab partner.
Important thing to note:
- Our policy for applying for continuing education credit for remote courses differs from that of our in-person and satellite lab courses. Read the specific language of the policy here. Depending on the state in which you practice, you may need to submit your own application to your state board or approving body should you wish that it be approved for continuing education credit in your state.
- To attend a remote Herman & Wallace course, registrants will need Zoom video conferencing software. This is a requirement. One can create an account and download the software to their computer at https://zoom.us/
- We use the Pacific Time Zone for all of our remote course start and end times (this is not the case for in-person and satellite lab locations). Please make a note of this and set your calendar accordingly.
- A Zoom account is free to create. Before the meeting, we recommend having a practice Zoom session with a friend or colleague so you can test your microphone, video, and internet connection. You can participate in any remote course from the comfort of your home, but will need a stable internet connection in order to participate. We recommend downloading the software and practicing a call with a friend or colleague prior to your course with us. Zoom also offers video tutorials on their website at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials.
- Still have questions about Remote Courses? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions on Remote Courses
Dr. Oluwayeni Abraham is a DPT based in the Dallas, TX area. Fondly known as Dr.Yeni, she is a Nigerian- American, born in England but raised in Texas, who received her degrees from Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY. Dr.Yeni began her career in Acute Care, interning at a major trauma level 1 hospital in Houston, TX where she was exposed to the most critical and demanding cases in medicine. After gaining experience in outpatient physical therapy, she returned and remained in Acute Care within a major hospital system in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area. Outside of her formal professional career she often continued her education studying pelvic dysfunction and a myriad of Women’s Health conditions. She spent years providing care pro-bono and often saw outstanding results with many individuals dealing with chronic conditions. In 2019, she took a leap of faith and formally launched her own Women’s Health Pelvic Physical Therapy Practice called “Triggered Physical Therapy”. Located in Arlington, TX, where she specializes in postpartum recovery, pelvic pain conditions, and female infertility. Dr.Yeni began her in-depth study and practices the use of gynovisceral manipulation techniques to treat and manage female mechanical infertility. Her use of these skills in private practice has addressed hormonal issues, ovulatory concerns, and numerous reproductive diagnoses impacting fertility. Dr.Yeni remains passionate about growing her practice, mentoring upcoming women, and aiming to provide expert-level care for women by a woman.
Attention: We are unable to offer "retro-active" discounts (i.e. applying a discount to a transaction after the transaction takes place), so if you are interested in exploring discount options and you are unsure if your transactions is eligible for a discount, please contact us to inquire.
This 10% discount is available for a single registrant who wishes to enroll in 3 or more courses, and pay in one transaction. Registrants wishing to enroll in 5 or more courses should contact us for a customized quote. We can also apply this discount if 2 therapists from a single clinic/hospital enroll in 3 or more courses (ie Registrant A enrolls in Course X and Course Y, Registrant B enrolls in Course X, and Registrants A and B both work at Clinic Z). This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discounts. Registration and payment must be received at the same time in one credit card payment, one check or one envelop with multiple checks. This type of registration cannot be completed online, if you are wishing to receive the Multi-Course discount please call or email us directly for assistance.
This discount is available for a group of three or more registrants, who all work at the same clinic/hospital, enroll in a single course, and pay in a single transaction or mail in multiple checks in a single envelope. This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discounts.
Groups of 3-5 receive a 10% discount off the combined price of their group's registrations.
Groups of 6 or more should call or Contact Us so that we can properly create an invoice for your registration.
This 10% discount is available to current students who have yet to earn a license to practice at the time of course registration. This discount is not available to those therapists who have previously held a license, and are currently enrolled in a doctoral, or other post-graduate, program. This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discounts.
To get this discount when checking out online, use the code Student2022. (Note, this code is only valid for non-licensed students. The H&W admin team will verify that registrants signed up with this code are, indeed, current students prior to their attendance of the course).
Any therapist who has already taken a Herman & Wallace course will earn a $50.00 "referral credit" if:
1. A therapist who has never taken a Herman & Wallace course successfully registers for his or her first course(s); AND
2. In the registration process, the first-time registrant gives the name and clinic/hospital of the therapist who referred them to Herman & Wallace.
A therapist who has earned a $50.00 "referral credit" may use this credit toward any course that is eligible for a "referral discount".
Guest Blogger Credit/Discount
Any therapist who completes a qualifying guest blog post on the Herman & Wallace blog will earn a $50.00 "guest blogger credit". This credit may be applied toward any course.