In order to derive the most benefit from this course, we ask our participants to internalize the required reading materials and complete a diary assignment prior to attending. Please complete this assignment prior to the first day of the seminar.
Bladder Diary Assignment
We ask that participants keep a personal bladder diary measuring and recording fluid intake and urine output for two days - one work day and one non-work day. Specific measurements (use a large measuring cup or urine collection “hat”) of urine output are needed for at least one day, and on the following day one can estimate by counting seconds while voiding.
1. Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Urinary Incontinence
2. The International Pelvic Pain Society Patient's Booklet on Chronic Pelvic Pain
3. Principles of Biofeedback from Professor Tim Watson's website- an incredible resource!
4. IUGA/ICS report on female pelvic floor terminology
5. Many participants find it helpful to review the anatomy of the pelvis and perineum
Supplies to Bring
1. Bring an anatomy text for reference of the pelvic floor anatomy.