Experience Level: Beginner
Contact Hours: 4.00
This 4-hour continuing education course is targeted to physical therapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants and any other medical professionals interested in understanding Shockwave therapy and its therapeutic uses specific to pelvic floor indications.
This course will provide an introduction to using this cutting-edge technology in the clinic for improved patient outcomes. Participants will come away from the course with an understanding of how this modality can enhance their own manual therapy treatment skills, as well as the efficacy of Shockwave Therapy versus other modalities such as ultrasound, dry needling, laser therapy, TENS, and NEMS.
In addition, the attendee will understand the differences in modalities available currently in order to consider what may be best for their clinic and patients. Lectures will cover; what is shockwave, how it can decrease pain and potentially accelerate healing, what is the research behind it, what are the different types of shockwave devices, and what are the best indications of use for each of them as well as case studies discussing patient protocols and outcomes.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
Attending a remote course is easy and safe, and you can do it entirely from the security and comfort of your own home or clinic without having to find a lab partner.
Important thing to note:
- Our policy for applying for continuing education credit for remote courses differs from that of our in-person and satellite lab courses. Read the specific language of the policy here. Depending on the state in which you practice, you may need to submit your own application to your state board or approving body should you wish that it be approved for continuing education credit in your state.
- To attend a remote Herman & Wallace course, registrants will need Zoom video conferencing software. This is a requirement. One can create an account and download the software to their computer at https://zoom.us/
- We use the Pacific Time Zone for all of our remote course start and end times (this is not the case for in-person and satellite lab locations). Please make a note of this and set your calendar accordingly.
- A Zoom account is free to create. Before the meeting, we recommend having a practice Zoom session with a friend or colleague so you can test your microphone, video, and internet connection. You can participate in any remote course from the comfort of your home, but will need a stable internet connection in order to participate. We recommend downloading the software and practicing a call with a friend or colleague prior to your course with us. Zoom also offers video tutorials on their website at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials.
- Still have questions about Remote Courses? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions on Remote Courses
Since 1990 Stacey Roberts has been a physical therapist specializing in outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine. From 2004-2017 Ms Roberts owned and operated a cash based health and wellness clinic on the Gold Coast of Australia specializing in women’s health and hormones, and couples fertility. She began seeing patients via Telehealth in 2009.
Combining her knowledge of functional medicine, conventional medicine and complementary medicine, Stacey emphasizes lifestyle changes in addition to her treatment programs. This has included eating plan assessment, assessing supplementation programs, and developing exercise and stress management programs to help thousands of women and men achieve their health goals. She has written 3 hard copy books and 7 ebooks on women’s health and couples fertility. Ms Roberts has mentored over 100 medical professionals in her women’s health and couples fertility training program developed in 2016. After returning to the United States, Stacey was hired by a national physical therapy company Aegis Therapies to assist in its growth and develop their orthopedic outpatient practice in Wisconsin.
From 2016- 2020 Stacey has been an associate clinical professor at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee’s Physical Therapy doctoral program until opening New You Health and Wellness, a cash based clinic, where she brings her knowledge of wellness, hormone health and musculoskeletal health to treating patients with issues related to musculoskeletal injuries, sexual health and pelvic health. Over the last year she has been analysing Shockwave research extensively to develop a clear and concise therapeutic applications in the PT setting for pelvic health, sexual health and muscular skeletal patients. She is finding extraordinary results with her patients using this modality in her cash based practice.
She is currently furthering her education by pursuing a master’s of nursing and to eventually complete a Nurse Practitioner certificate and has recently completed her MBA.
Stacey has also appeared on World News Now in New York, was featured on Oprah, locally on TMJ4’s Morning Blend and on several news shows and radio stations in Australia.
Attention: We are unable to offer "retro-active" discounts (i.e. applying a discount to a transaction after the transaction takes place), so if you are interested in exploring discount options and you are unsure if your transactions is eligible for a discount, please contact us to inquire.
This 10% discount is available for a single registrant who wishes to enroll in 3 or more courses, and pay in one transaction. Registrants wishing to enroll in 5 or more courses should contact us for a customized quote. We can also apply this discount if 2 therapists from a single clinic/hospital enroll in 3 or more courses (ie Registrant A enrolls in Course X and Course Y, Registrant B enrolls in Course X, and Registrants A and B both work at Clinic Z). This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discounts. Registration and payment must be received at the same time in one credit card payment, one check or one envelop with multiple checks. This type of registration cannot be completed online, if you are wishing to receive the Multi-Course discount please call or email us directly for assistance.
This discount is available for a group of three or more registrants, who all work at the same clinic/hospital, enroll in a single course, and pay in a single transaction or mail in multiple checks in a single envelope. This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discounts.
Groups of 3-5 receive a 10% discount off the combined price of their group's registrations.
Groups of 6 or more should call or Contact Us so that we can properly create an invoice for your registration.
This 10% discount is available to current students who have yet to earn a license to practice at the time of course registration. This discount is not available to those therapists who have previously held a license, and are currently enrolled in a doctoral, or other post-graduate, program. This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discounts.
To get this discount when checking out online, use the code Student2022. (Note, this code is only valid for non-licensed students. The H&W admin team will verify that registrants signed up with this code are, indeed, current students prior to their attendance of the course).
Any therapist who has already taken a Herman & Wallace course will earn a $50.00 "referral credit" if:
1. A therapist who has never taken a Herman & Wallace course successfully registers for his or her first course(s); AND
2. In the registration process, the first-time registrant gives the name and clinic/hospital of the therapist who referred them to Herman & Wallace.
A therapist who has earned a $50.00 "referral credit" may use this credit toward any course that is eligible for a "referral discount".
Guest Blogger Credit/Discount
Any therapist who completes a qualifying guest blog post on the Herman & Wallace blog will earn a $50.00 "guest blogger credit". This credit may be applied toward any course.