“WCS board certification and/or residency training preferred”.
At Houston Methodist, the Sr. PT is responsible for formal duties for a service line, shift and/or multiple clinics as well as functioning as a clinical expert. Performs patient assessments, development of plan of care, and corresponding treatments across a broad range of diagnoses and acuities or for a specialized service line. Manages the collection of metrics, analyzes, and reports on data. Develops best practices, identifies and leads process and quality improvement initiatives. Serves as a mentor and resource to all team members utilizing skills and knowledge to help train and develop others and achieve optimum performance levels for responsible service line, shift, and/or clinics assigned. Conducts quality assurance audits of staff performance, provides feedback to management on staff performance and identifies developmental needs. Has responsibility for and provides oversight of patient care delivered by assigned PTs, to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service. Serves as the liaison between management and staff for routine matters as the primary point of contact for the service line, shift, and/or clinics assigned. Coordinates the activities for the service line, shift and/or assigned clinics, participating in expansion of services offered, business development, and research.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED : Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS:
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions. -
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate:
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20 %
1. Promotes a positive work environment and leads the team to be a dynamic, focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. Role models to team members effective communication skills, assisting in their development of such skills. (EF)
2. Serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to other physical therapists, helping to advance their professional practice at HM, providing guidance with project development, implementation, evaluation, research, and where applicable publication. Develops and presents educational and formal training programs. Precepts clinical rotations, new employees, and Clinical Fellows. Teaches and provides guidance to other therapists and support staff. (EF)
3. Effectively implements protocols and objectives with team members to result in optimization of staff performance, teamwork, patient safety, and customer service. Provides feedback to management on team member performance and conduct. Develops skills of team members and continually assists with improving skills, performance and outcomes. (EF)
SERVICE - 20 %
1. Performs complete and comprehensive evaluation of patients to identify patients level of function and to develop the plan of care. Performs highly advanced therapy treatments serving as the clinical expert for complex to high difficulty level patient assessments and treatments for assigned area of practice and/or patient population. Provides education to patients, patient¿s family members, and/or caregivers. (EF)
2. Serves as resource to colleagues, physicians and nursing for best therapy practices and education of such. (EF)
3. Establishes and maintains professional relationships, trust and credibility with all on the healthcare team, serving as primary point of contact for routine matters with physicians for service area, shift and/or specialty, assisting management with daily operations as assigned. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20 %
1. Assesses patients regularly, monitoring progress towards treatment goals, modifying goals, plan or program as indicated. Proactively anticipates the complications/limitations associated with certain procedures and addresses for optimum outcomes. Collaborates and communicates with the healthcare team modifications to patients treatment plan, progress, and discharge planning. (EF)
2. Develops patient treatment protocols and best practices for patient population or practice area. Proactively identifies opportunities for corrective action, leads process improvement providing recommendations, and contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety. (EF)
3. Oversees the work flow, caseload and patient processes and treatments for assigned team/area, ensuring quality outcomes and the safety of the patient, adjusting activities as applicable. Coordinates activities for the service line, shift, and/or clinics; and as requested for the department. (EF)
4. Coordinates, monitors and reports on various quality and safety metrics for the practice area and/or department. Develops and implements initiatives to improve the patient experience. (EF)
FINANCE - 20 %
1. Uses resources efficiently to maximize utilization of time and equipment, providing guidance to team members accordingly. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks for self and area(s) of responsibility/assigned team members to meet the labor productivity standards. (EF)
2. Monitors the accuracy and completion of documentation of patient education and procedures performed in a timely manner in the patient record. Enters charges for services provided, and performs charges reconciliation as applicable. (EF)
3. Serves as resource to management for chargemaster item/CPT (Code and Procedure Terminology) code maintenance and development for PT charges. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20 %
1. Leads departmental projects, programs and shared governance activities. Actively participates in and/or leads HM related and approved hospital/community teaching opportunities, community services and/or functions. (EF)
2. Assists management with higher level PTs and program development and/or clinical competencies. Seeks opportunities to specialize and expand as a PT leader. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments and performance evaluations
o Demonstrates expertise and mastery of clinical skills and execution thereof in treatments provided and/or for a particular patient population o Ability to work independently, capable of handling challenging/difficult therapy procedures and patient care situations; demonstrates sound judgment
o Ability to coach and develop strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills with all levels of the healthcare team. Exhibits excellent delivery of customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers; demonstrates ability to establish and maintain highly effective professional relationships with physicians
o Possesses proficient computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems and standard Rehabilitation equipment
o Demonstrates professional and technical competence in the selection, evaluation, utilization of treatment plans
o Demonstrate excellent time/project management skills and ability to effectively coordinate efforts and outcomes for the assigned area
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certificates, Licenses and Registrations section.
o Completion of HM or comparable Physical Therapy Residency program and at least 2 years of experience as a Physical Therapist; or Specialty Certification and 3 years of experience as a Physical Therapist; or 5 years as a Physical Therapist; or completion of fellowship program and 3 years of experience as a Physical Therapist
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o Texas Physical Therapy License or eligible for temporary Texas Physical Therapy License- must obtain licensure within 90 days of employment o American Heart Association BLS o Specialty Certification highly preferred
Desired Skills/Qualifications : “WCS board certification and/or residency training preferred”.
To Apply : https://www.houstonmethodistcareers.org/jobs/?search_term=42059