Continuing Education Courses > Low Pressure Fitness and Abdominal Massage for Pelvic Floor Care Level 2
Pending & Active: int(7)
|Price: $1,195.00 (Early Registrant Price $1,095.00)
Experience Level: Intermediate
Contact Hours: 25 hours
This three-day intermediate-level continuing education courseisthe follow-up to the Low Pressure Fitness and Abdominal Massage for Pelvic Floor Care Level One course, and isthe next step in completing the Low Pressure Fitness Program and Certification. This course, which is a unique offering through Herman & Wallace, was developed and will be taught by Dr Tamara Rial, Low Pressure Fitness founder and developer, and is the first of its kind available in the United States.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills to implement the complete Low Pressure Fitness program (basic and advance exercise sequence) in a variety of settings and with different populations.
The course will cover the physiology of low pressure fitness andth entire sequence of level 2 and 3 exercises. Additionally, neurodynamic mobilization of upper and lower limbs will be practiced along with the use of breath-trainers. Participants will learn the poses, transitions, progressions and adaptations of level 2 and 3 exercises. In addition, participants will understand the neuroeducation, myofascial chains and physiology underlying Low Pressure Fitness training techniques.
What to bring:
A Yoga mat or towel. Participants should wear loose, comfortable clothing that one would wear to a yoga or fitness class.
This continuing education seminar is designed for physical therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapist assistants, registered nurses, nurse midwives, and other rehabilitation professionals. Content is not intended for use outside the scope of the participant’s license or regulation.
Since this course involves practical sessions, participants who have special needs, medical conditions or are pregnant can participate in the course; however, the practical session will be adapted and modified. Therefore, participantswith these conditions must inform Herman & Wallace about their condition and medical clearance to participate in the practical session of this course will be required.
Low Pressure Fitness and abdominal massage for pelvic floor, through Herman & Wallace or Low Pressure Fitness Level one through Low Pressure Fitness is required.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Describe how to organize and build Low Pressure Fitness individual sessions, group classes and programs in your community or facility.
2. Describe the myofascial chains and neurodynamics involved in the Low Pressure Fitness system.
3. Describe the cardiovascular and breathing physiology of Low Pressure Fitness.
4. Practice breathing and hypoxic assessmentsand identify breathing pattern dysfunctions.
5. Practice the use of Breath-trainers for core and pelvic floor recovery.
6. Practice the transitions, progressions and variations of level 2 and level 3 sequences.
7. Instructthe exercise technique and coaching cues of LPF level 2 and 3 exercises.
8. Demonstrate correct procedure, professional skills and technical implementation of level 2 and 3 exercisesand sessions.
9. Describe the neuroscience and neuroeducation of Low Pressure Fitness.
10. Apply and modify the level 2 and 3 technical fundamentals and exercise progressions to therapeutic programs.
8:00Review and questions from day one
8:00 Review and questions from day two